Friday, July 8, 2011

Far removed, PTL.

This post is to make up for last night. So... yeah :)

Internship was pretty standard. We got to spend plenty of time in the youth department, so that made me very happy :) We planned a few things, and Joni gave us a run-down of what we'll be working on for the rest of the summer. I found out that I will be helping with middle school Bible study, which is exciting! We did some really eventful stuff--like clean out closets--before we left. Haha.  We party hard, us interns...

I met up with a friend from high school for dinner, which was fun. We were joined by two other girls from Herm while we were there. I hadn't seen them in forever! But the the dinner was really nice. I'm glad the two of us were able to have deep conversation, even despite the fact we weren't super close in high school. There is something, though, that I took away from my time when it was all four of us at the table, and it is this: I am so far removed from drama. And believe me, I consider it a blessing! I'm just not used to hearing about so many people doing so many things and thinking things about other people and it's just so... overwhelming. I feel relieved that I am ultimately naive to the gossip and drama that often trickles from high school to college. It is certainly an area in which I am happy to be out of the loop. I much prefer to just love others and personally confront them when something pertaining to them is weighing on my heart. I realize, though, that my mindset is a direct result of my spiritual walk and lifestyle choice to follow Christ. In something as simple as they way I view "drama," I realized just how much I have matured as a person over the past two years. I am so thankful for the love that defines my relationships. Thank you, Lord :)

For evening plans, I saw Fast Five at the Byrd with some lovely individuals :) I had no idea what to expect form the movie, having never seen the other four. I actually enjoyed it, though. It certainly kept me entertained! And despite the AC being broken, it was a fun time :) Kelly and I hung out and chatted with Kathryn until like 1 AM. Twas great.

As for the rest of the night? Well, long story short, I needed to make a cow outfit. After wandering through Walmart, I got frustrated and decided to just use what I had at home. Kelly helped me with it until 3 AM, at which point she departed. I was so thankful for her help! It was much appreciated! But yes, having finished so late, it was 4 AM by the time I had showered and gotten ready for bed and whatnot. Thus why I failed to post.

There you have it! Yesterday's recap! You'll be hearing from me in a few hours. So goodbye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment