Saturday, July 30, 2011

"It's Friday!"

"Thank! You! God!"


The last session of 2011 VBS was this morning! Praise! This week was tiring and long, but still pretty fun too. I really liked being able to just hang out as college interns as well. This morning we had a Taylor Swift sesh while we lounged around and ate Snickers. It was great. But back to the kids, they raised $6,775 to build wells in Zanzibar, Africa! It's absolutely amazing! Their goal was $3,500 (enough to build one well), and they nearly doubled that! That was so exciting, and I loved seeing how happy those kids were, too :) It was truly something!

I got to have a relaxation period at my house for a little while before my Sweet Frog date with Heather! It was my first time seeing her in 5 days, and it was so nice to finally see and hug her again! I love her :) And I love our dates. The end. Just kidding not really... We headed over to Skate Nation for the kick-off night of Best Week of Seek! It was SO fun! Mac, KAthryn, and I were the only youth leaders there, so I would consider than an intern WIN! Haha. Heather and I played each other in DDR. Neither of us are very good, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it! Even is she did push me off of the platform :P We played laser tag and got to do some ice skating too! I'm not as good at ice skating as I used to be, but I'm not terrible. Laser tag, however, I would consider myself pretty legit at. My team won every round both times we played, haha. Vic-TOR-ious!

What better way to conclude the night then a hangout at McDonald's? We all enjoyed some much needed food and beverages whilst carrying on conversations and making each other laugh :) After our youth friends departed, Mac, Kathryn, and I had a good two-hour long parking lot chat outside of McDonald's. For those who haven't already heard me say it, deep conversations in parking lots are truly the greatest. I love my friends, and I love that we can confide in each other :) We probably would have stayed a while longer, but we were introduced to their sprinkler system. Yes, I happened to be sitting right in front of a sprinkler, and water was shot 1) down the back of my pants and 2) up the back of my shirt. I will say, though, the three of us got a huge kick out of the random soaking, haha. It caught us off guard, that's for sure!

I love summertime. I love being home. I love my friends. I love the way my life has unfolded. Goodnight, loves :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I love you! :) This whole post made me so happy inside!

Post a Comment