Thursday, August 18, 2011

WANTED: fuggs

And yes, that is my term for fake Uggs. My old pair has super worn-down soles, and they need to be replaced. I'm too cheap to buy real ones, and, let's be honest, no one's judging me for wearing knock-offs. If you know of somewhere that sells decent fuggs, please let a sister know :) I went searching for two-and-a-half hours today, and to no avail. Needless, to say, it was frustrating. Oh well, it's certainly not worth throwing a fit over, that's for sure.

Dinner with padre was good. We simply enjoyed some leftovers while talking about going back to school, his upcoming vacation, and future employment possibilities for me. I do enjoy talking to my dad (most of the time; naturally we have have some conversations that are completely sour). He offers some very sound advise, and he can be very good at putting things in perspective. It's quite comforting, really.

As for youth group, it was great! John gave his testimony, and I really think he is going to do an incredible job as the new high school director. He definitely radiates a heart for the youth and the ministry as a whole :) Great things are on the way! (Sidenote: we did "Be Bold" tonight! So crazy!!! I have missed that :D) Afterwards, we were Chick-fil-a bound! Two lovely individuals **cough Evan and Emily cough** got kicked out. Haha. To borrow John's term, the staff thought they were causing too much of a "ruckus." They really weren't that loud, and we made up about 88% of the people in there. So I'm wondering which of the three other customers supposedly lodged the noise complaint... Oh it's fine, we're just going to find a new spot. Sorry 'bout it Chick, your Wednesday business just got drastically reduced. It's too bad though, because we've enjoyed going there the past few weeks. Womp. Oh well! Again, definitely nothing to throw a fit over.

The parking lot hang out that followed lasted until probably 10:45. I love talking and spending time with my darling youth friends :) They are some of the most amazing individuals. And I don't know if they will ever truly realize how much they mean to me, but I love them with all of my heart and then-some :) I am truly blessed to have them in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment