Thursday, August 25, 2011

Probably the greatest season of life.

This summer, being a part of this internship, has been the most amazing experience. I was excited to be a youth leader, and I was stoked to be able to go on choir tour. However, I never imagined that I would forge the relationships and be given the opportunities that I did. Beyond leading in Bible study and Sunday school, beyond leading prayer time on stage and being in charge of t-shirt distribution at choir rehearsals, I was blessed with being able to reach out to people and offer them comfort,  advice, and guidance through prayer and one-on-one fellowship time. God is working in each and every life of every single person involved in this youth group, and I am so humbled and thankful that He used me as a vessel in this ministry. The relationships, the love, the compassion... it would all be nothing without His presence in it. And no, this hasn't just been about me; His work in the lives of these youth has spoken to me in volumes! God has taught me so much through each person I have come to adore. I did nothing to deserve the blessings that God has showered on me through this internship, and I will forever be grateful that He gifted me with all that He has. None of this will ever be forgotten, and I know it is just a phenomenal start to many years to come in regards to my involvement in Seek and Echo. Though school will put distance between us, I will never be detached-- not after a blessing as tremendous as this.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment