Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spontaneous 2am decision

to go to the beach! What?!







Oh yes, we made it to VA Beach by 4am :) We splashed and laid around until the sunrise, which was absolutely gorgeous! Some may have viewed this endeavor as one that is utterly insane, but what better time to live life than the present? It was just so freeing! Thank you, Soul Surfer, for inspiring this wonderful adventure :)

The four of us got back to Kathryn's around 9, and I was able to get about an hour nap in before my lunch date with Miranda. I had such a lovely time with her! Talking to her is seriously just like talking to a friend in my core group, and we talked in Panera for three whole hours! It flew by, for real :) I love spending time with my youth loves! They are just so great!

The intern dinner was tonight, and it was pretty chill. We all got together at this quaint Italian restaurant, and they had delectable ravioli! Yumm! Our departure led us straight to youth group, where it was Stephen's last night. It was certainly emotional, filled with sad goodbyes and touching reflections on our time together. There was fellowship and picture taking after his final sermon (which I thought was very good), but none of it really sank in until we watched him drive away from the Chick-fil-a parking lot.  I fought the urge to leak, because others were trying desperately to abstain from tears. It was also sad for me to go through tonight knowing that it was Kathryn's last Seek of the summer. I just feel like she's my fraternal twin/"partner in crime" in all of this, and these next two weeks without her are going to be so bizarre. I'm going to miss my Kathryn!!! But it will be okay, because we're both going on retreat :) **Insert sigh of relief here.**

Since I didn't post last night... Wondering what I did yesterday prior to the beach trip?

  • Internship until 4.
  • Boba date with Kathryn.
    • It was her first time trying it, and she loved it!
  • Dinner with mom and Jenn.
  • Tea time with my darling Heather.
  • Soul Surfer... you know the rest :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment