Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I need to start doing a morning devotional.

Seriously, with days this long, I need more God in my life for strength, guidance, acceptance, peace, wisdom, and just everything really. I've fallen into even more of a spiritual slump than I was before, and it's because I've been neglecting to spend time with God. It's awful. The worst part is, with more separation comes more apathy, and that is NOT something I'm okay with. So, I want to wake up tomorrow morning (ideally every morning) and do a devotional before I go to class. And so I have some structure, I think I am going to pull out the devo book Nikki gave me last year. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I always hate it when I start slacking in maintaining my relationship with Christ. Obviously we are called to just the opposite, so I need to make a change.

"23 Search me, God, and know my heart; 
   test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, 
   and lead me in the way everlasting."

{Psalm 139:23-24}

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

Praying! I need to work on my consistency as well. Rough, rough, rough.

Post a Comment