Friday, August 6, 2010

One of my best friends told me I should try running in the rain...

So, today, that's exactly what I did. I was laying on my mom's couch, and I was on the third page of Just Courage when I looked out of the sliding glass door. The rain was beginning to pour, and all I could think about was Heather telling me about how fun it was to go on a run while it was raining. The words on the page in front of me were not processing, and I knew any further attempts to read would be useless. So I placed the book down, changed my clothes, threw my hair up, and set out. I didn't run very far, or very long for that matter. I took moments to walk and stare up into the clouds and the droplets they shed. It was lovely; being soaking wet and completely at ease. My mind was cleared and peaceful. All of my cluttered worries and anxious thoughts were momentarily forgotten. Thank you for the advise, dear love. It was wonderful :)

Now, for those of you who were wondering what I did today, her you go: I woke up a little before 12, got dressed, and headed up to church. You see, I left my sleeping gear from Brazil there last night after youth group; fail. I would have just waited until Sunday, but my father had texted me earlier telling me that he needed it for his trip that he's leaving on tomorrow; so yeah. While I was there, I peeped into the youth office to say hi to Nikki, but found Joni instead. So I had a short exchange with her before leaving to deliver the bag to my dad. My grandpa was over there when I arrived, to I chatted with the two of them for a few minutes before departing to go meet Kristina Elliot at Starbuck's for a coffee date; though we both ended up getting passion teas :) We talked for over an hour about JMU and college life; once again making me feel like I'm in over my head. But she assured me that I would be fine, and she is so sweet and willing to help me with anything I might need. I'm glad to know that I have someone there to look out for me if I need them. It really is a relief... After we left a little after 3, I came home, got on the computer for a bit, tried reading, and then went on my run. Shortly after I made it back to the house, Jenn came home early from field hockey. She was soaked as well, and she seemed surprised that I had gone on a run, haha. Anyways, I ordered our pizza for dinner just minutes after getting back, and my mom picked it up on her way home.  While waiting, I got a little bored and played around on photo booth.
{This one was taken a while before the other two...}

{Yes, I am a cool kid. And I totally know how to match my clothes... haha.}

We ate our dinner while watching The Nanny on TV Land, and I found it to be quite funny. Then, at 9, I met up with Elsbeth, Kathryn, Jesse and Austin at Sweet Frog, and I ended up seeing a lot of people that I know! I saw Daniel, Jenna, Grace, Katherine, Carleigh, and Ezara {who we ended up talking to for a very long time}. Home girl is hysterical, haha; seriously. We encountered these super annoying boys who kept yelling drunken, vulgar statements at us from their car. They literally drove past us as least six times; so sketchy. Anyways, we ended the night doing our normal late-night hang out routine, and I made it home before 12; crazy! But yes, that brings me to where I am now; sitting on my sofa and typing this post. I love you all very much; always and forever :P Goodnight my loves!

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I am so happy that you got to run in the rain :) It is so refreshing. I love you, forever and always!

Post a Comment