Monday, August 30, 2010

It smells like a guinea pig...

I got to sleep in today! Yay for eight and a half hours of sleep! We actually got time to relax and chill today; which I was very grateful for. I chilled in the dorm for a while before going to lunch with Kelsey and Kim :) We were starving and our dorm was a scorcher! Well, we tried to go to Dukes, but the AC was dunzo. Thus, it was clearly a no-go. We ended up eating in D-hall and it actually wasn't too bad! I ate a yummy wrap with grapes, applesauce, and sweet tea. Yum! We left there to go meet our FROGs at 1. Today was our last day with them :( We had a short little farewell meeting before our final assembly. Oh Sally and Kristine, I am going to miss you all being our own personal guides! But yeah, that assembly thing, was so awkward. I can't exactly explain it well in text, but let's just say there was a woman on stage with a whip.... Moving on! After saying goodbye to our FROGs we came back to the dorm for some rest and relaxation. Danielle made everyone in our group a contact sheet complete with phone and room numbers! That will definitely come in handy! I had dinner with Kelsey, Megan, and Danielle before meeting up with people to go to a Young Life ice-cream social! There were SO many people there, but they were all super friendly. I also saw Sarah there! I practically ambushed her with a hug. Like I told her, it's been too long since I've physically seen a Tobey, haha. We talked for quite a while, and I met a few of her friends. It wasn't long, though, before I realized that the group that I came with left me. Yeah, they had all already left. However, there was a girl named Sidney there who was ready to leave, so I walked back to campus with her. As it turns out, she loves Jesus! We talked the whole way back to school about how our faith came about and how we wanted to continue in our walks. She was so very sweet, and I found it very easy to talk to her. Needless to say, we are now facebook friends :) And I believe she will also be at the InterVarsity ice-cream social tomorrow; yay! After I said goodbye to my new friend, I came back to the dorm and got myself situated for the night and the day that lies ahead. Ah! Classes start tomorrow! I better get some sleep so that I can focus! But before I do that, I really need to read some of Ephesians, so off I go! Goodnight my sweet loves :)

"We are daughters of a King."

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

awww! you saw sarah! yay :) soon you will be getting a heather tobey hug!

Post a Comment