Friday, August 20, 2010

My name

is Stephanie. I am 18 years old, and only have five days left here at home. Nothing has been packed. The summer reading assignment has not been touched. My friends are leaving one by one, and there's nothing I can do about it. This life that I have become so accustomed to will no longer be my place of residence. I will know hardly anyone. I will be starting over. Very few people will know my name; much less who I am. I will be living somewhere completely foreign, and with someone who has never laid eyes on me in person. And worst of all, I will be leaving people that I love behind; back here in RVA. You always hear that college is a time of new beginnings, but I'm in denial of the end that is fast approaching...

Sorry, I know you all are probably tired of reading about my worrisome and somber thought regarding my relocation, but it's just weighing heavy on my mind right now... Okay, so today started off with me teaching two hip hop classes up at church. It wasn't too bad for my first time legitimately teaching a class; at least I don't think so. But, since tomorrow is round two, I suppose we will see just how good/bad I really did! Anyways, once that was all said and done, I had to rush over to my dad's to present him with his Edible Arrangement and cupcakes in a formation resembling an ice cream cone, haha.
From there, I rushed on over to Short Pump to meet up with Kelly at Barnes & Noble. We enjoyed some goodies from the café and examined various books on art, photography, sewing, and interior design.
{Yay for puffy chips that are shaped like hearts!}

We also took a stroll through the journal and sketchbook section. I do love their selection! There are so many lovely designs and textures to choose from! Kelly seemed fairly tempted, but she refrained; haha. We ended up leaving a little after 4; at which point I came home and relaxed for a few hours on my sofa as I browsed the internet. I ended up reading all of my old blog posts from March 9 (my first post) to May 12. You could ask me why I would do something of that nature, but don't expect an answer, haha. I say that, because I don't have a reason. It wasn't until 7:20ish that I finally got up and set out for casa de Tobey; after grabbing some Subway of course. Heather, Mrs. Tobey, and myself watched Alice in Wonderland while sipping on hot tea :) Afterwards, Heather and I played around with Bella, exchanged cheerful banter, and even had a brief exchange with Sarah. By the time we finished all of that, it was after 11, and Heavs was a sleepy bear. Thus, I drove on home, and now here I sit. I need to go shower and get ready for tomorrow. It's going to be an early day by my standards. I need to get up at 9:30; ugh. At any rate, I love you all! Pleasant dreams, sweet friends :)

1 comments:

Eddie said...

hey stephaine this is a saying that has always helped me when something was changing in my life hopefully it will do the same for you "now is not the end, or even the beginning of the end, but perhaps its the end of the beginning"

Post a Comment