Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's hard

to say goodbye to your friends and watch them depart one by one. That's what today consisted of; packing and farewells. This morning, I had breakfast with Lindsay, and a few tears managed to escape my eyes; no matter how hard I tried to hold them in. I had a sushi date with Annemarie for dinner, and we said goodbye to each other during 1822; where I also had to say goodbye to Meaghann, Jonathan, and Nathan. From there, I traveled over to the South Hall to wait for Heather. Before Her and I went to Sweet Frog, I bid farewell to Mrs. Tobey; who is one of the sweetest women I have ever encountered. I hope she knows that I love her dearly... Yes, Heather and I enjoyed our last froyo date for quite some time before coming back to my house. Jesse, Nikki, John, Elsbeth, Kelly, and Addie all came by to see me before I leave. While everyone was here, we shared many laughs and cheerful banter, but it was heart-breaking to have them leave. You all just mean so much to me, and the idea of being away from you literally hurts. I cried for almost an hour after everyone was gone. Please know that no one can replace you in my heart, and that I will never, ever, forget you. If anything, my prayer is that our relationship will grow stronger. I love you all; more than you could ever fathom; more than I can express in words; always, forever, and for all eternity. Please come and visit me at JMU!

I'm sorry that this blog was short and rather choppy, my eyes are dry, my mind is numbing, and it's 3:30 AM...

2 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

my eyes are leaking again. i am missing you already just thinking about the 128 miles that separate us. but, i will visit soon. and then the 'goodbye' will be 'see you later' and i can handle that. my mind is mush right now. i love you. see you soon, friend!

Nikki said...

So glad I got to see you. I already miss you, but am soo excited for you and what you're about to experience. Have so much fun and stay strong in the Lord!

Post a Comment