Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." {Romans 6:14}

Today, for the first time since graduation, I hung out with Chelsea. I really have missed her. Her, Katie, and myself grabbed lunch at Panera before going to Hermitage to pick up our yearbooks. When I walked in the commons, I was shocked to see that Kiddie Camp was going on. For those of you who don't know, that's a youth cheerleading camp that the varsity cheerleaders host every year at Herm. At this point in time last year, that was me. It was so crazy to see all of my friends and a bunch of little girls that I recognized from the past few years, and to know that I was no longer a part of it. It wasn't sad or anything, but strange nonetheless. So after hugging my friends and having brief chats with a few of the girls, I went to Target to get a new shower curtain for our bathroom. Let me tell you friends, I do not like making decisions on my own, haha. Some of you already knew that, but for some that may be new news. I had to send my little sister pictures to get her opinion, and even she wasn't much help. Anyways, we finally made a decision, and just in the nick of time. I say that because I was so close to being late for my Starbuck's sesh with Zach {but alas, I was not}. We talked for a long time about things on our minds and our hearts; both presently and from the past. And even though the subject wasn't always lighthearted, it was a good and healthy conversation for both of us; though on different levels. I got home around 5 {after taking care of the cat and whatnot}, and after a brief period of facebook, relaxation, and dinner, I was off to Bible study. We studied the first fourteen verses of Romans chapter six tonight, and I can honestly say that I found our conversation to be productive and somewhat enlightening. I find that sometimes, by further reinforcing what you already know subconsciously, you can walk away having learned something just as vital as a concept that's new. Discussing what it means to be "mastered by sin" and how to truly submit yourself to God without clinging to your old self was something I've never really given much thought. Sure I've pondered situations where people take advantage of grace and try to balance a life of sin and Christ, but I hadn't really tied the two thoughts together. It was just a very lovely discussion tonight, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After leaving Scoob's old house, a group of us went to Bruster's and ended up talking for almost two hours. Then, Kathryn, Kim, Elsbeth, and mself went over to Elizabeth's house; where we ate McDonald's, watched Jersey Shore, and kind of vented about things that were bothering us. I ended up {as usual} being the last one to leave. It wasn't until after 3 AM that I got my stuff together. I just find myself getting into deep conversations with Elizabeth sometimes, and she doesn't like to make me shut up; haha. At any rate, I came home and showered, and now I'm here. I love you all more than you can imagine! Goodnight!

P.S.- I am so stoked that Rave's mom posted the video of my senior showcase piece! For those of you that couldn't come or just want to see it, it's on my previous post :)

P.P.S.S.-  Something else that was brought up during Bible study:

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

i am so bummed i wasn't tere for bible study. i am glad that it was good though! thank you for the lovely text message that you sent me. it brightened up my dreary day :)

Post a Comment