Thursday, August 26, 2010

Greetings from JMU! {This one's a doozie!}

Hello my beloved friends! Sorry for the lack of update last night! I had to actually do my summer reading... fail. But anyways, let me do a recap of yesterday's events:

Okay, so I got here around 10:15, and all of my stuff was immediately grabbed by JMU students and carried right up to my room. Thus, I did literally zero transporting aside from my backpack and purse. My family and I started unloading and setting up my stuff, but we quickly realized that the whole room needed to be reorganized because we only have outlets on one wall. Think that doesn't make sense Well, how about this: the ethernet plug is on the opposite side of the room from the outlets. So, after moving around almost every piece of furniture, my father and I had to go buy a fifty foot ethernet cord so I could get on the internet. Not only that, but we had to go to Walmart (insanity!) for things such as food, bowls, utensils, detergent, etc. The whole time we were running these errands {and even before that, when it was just my dad and I in the room} I was on the verge of tears. I don't know exactly why, but in that moment of seeing my cluttered little dorm room, I just felt so incredibly alone. The fact that my family would soon be leaving and my friends were nowhere in sight made me momentarily shut-down. I was literally on zombie status from the time my mom and sisters left until my dad and I finished unloading the Walmart stuff in my room... But, as soon as my father departed, I didn't really dwell on that anymore, because I really couldn't. WE had spent so much time running around that I was 30 minutes late to meet my First yeaR Orientation Guides (FROGs). Thus, I had to make haste to meet up with the rest of the girls from my floor. We did some orientation stuff and got dinner together and whatnot. Then, around 10 or so, I got back to my room and just kind of took it easy. I saw Kim for a little while, talked to Heather briefly on the phone, and Danielle (my roommate) and I just talked. We have a lot in common actually; from how we want to live in our room to our relationships with our family and friends. This will be a lovely year together, I can tell :) I felt much better at the end of the day then I did at the beginning. I ended up staying awake until after 2 AM though because I had neglected to do my summer reading, haha. Some things will never change I suppose! At any rate, here's a look at my room and whatnot!
{My desk.}
{The wardrobe.}
{Danielle's desk, the fridge, the fan, and the TV.}
{My bed!}
{Danielle's bed.}
{Danielle and I's "rule sheet" that we had to make. We are both so chill, haha.}
{Enjoying one of the lovely cookies Heather made me!}

As for today, well I had to be up at 8 to get ready for a full day of orientation stuff. These days are so incredibly long, and I feel like all I do is walk! Haha, but it's okay. I have some very sweet girls on my hall! I do hope we become great friends! The girls across the hall from me are twin sisters, they love Jesus, and they are always laughing and smiling! It makes me happy :) And there's another girl down the hall who loves to dance {mostly modern and tap}, and her personality is just phenomenal! I'm kind of the loud on my hall, imagine that! But all in all, it's been a good day! We learned this pretty awesome dance thing in the formation of a DNA strand! Haha, it was pretty sweet! Here's a preview! I'll try to post the actual video of us doing is ASAP! But yes, I shall stop there for tonight. I might be meeting up with Kim in a little bit and I think I may go to this comedy act soon. I love you all so incredibly much! I miss you all! text me or something any time you want!!! Goodnight!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

yay glad the move in went well!!

Heather Tobey said...

that is the coolest dance concept! i can't wait to see the whole thing. i hope the cookies were yummy :) i love love love you! A & F. haha!

Post a Comment