Monday, May 30, 2011

Talk about a heat stroke...

Today was a scorcher! But it was a fun day nonetheless :)

Kelly and I woke up to the sounds of Juliana "talking" in her sleep. It was cute, haha :) It only took a few minutes for the noise of the fan to wake her up as well so we were all up and getting ready at about 9:15. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at Panera before going our separate ways. I dropped Kelly of at her car and Juliana off at the pool before coming home for a brief nap. (Haha, I'm such a grandma! Taking a nap before 12:30...) Once I woke up, it was time to head to church!

Today's work consisted of carrying in and assembling platforms that will, when completed, be risers for the youth choir. Those things were heavy, but we had a good amount of help :) Teamwork makes the dream work! Haha. The only rough thing about that was the 99 degree weather outside and having to walk back and forth out there, but we got over it. We also got to enjoy a Chick-fil-a late lunch! Yumm! Haha, oh the perks of helping out :) Tomorrow we'll be painting, so that should be fun!

Kelly and I went to the mall after helping out. We were curious as to whether or not Justice (aka Limited Too) would have any cute one piece bathing suits we could fit in to, haha. Now you're probably thinking that we were silly for even trying such a thing, but listen. We tried on some bathing suits that actually ended up being a little big in the mid section, but the problem was that my torso was too long for it! Ugh! Haha. I mean, Kelly found one that actually fit pretty well, but it too was a tad big in the mid section. Needless to say, it wasn't a huge success. But hey, I'll keep looking!

I had dinner with my dad tonight, which was fun. I accidentally slammed my elbow into the counter, but the bruise is tiny, so it didn't hurt much past the initial hit :) After hanging out there for a while, I went to Chelsea's to review our tryout material. Okay, at this point, I'm really worried about going over jumps. Mine are terrible, and it is clearly noticeable. Haha, I'm praying that those girls will have mercy on me! But yeah, so that was fun :)

The rest of my night was spent lounging on the sofa while watching House. I am quite tired, and I think I'm ready to get some sleep :) Farewell blogger friends! See ya tomorrow :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment