Monday, May 9, 2011

My 19th Birthday

was lovely :) And for lots of little reasons :)

  • Church, and all the love it encompasses :)
  • The too-kind nature of my best friend :)
  • Getting lunch with my good friend, Justin :)
  • The 150+ wall posts I received :)
  • Lots of sweet texts/voicemails/phone calls :)
    • Even my darling Brandi, who was driving across he country, called me :) It made my heart oh so very happy :D
  • Grabbing Stizz for some loves :)
  • Relaxing and laughing hysterically at dance rehearsal at church :)
    • Loved spending time with Heather, Nikki, Kelly, Annemarie, Juliana, Brenna, and everyone :D
  • Birthday cards from the fam! Gotta love 'em :)

So yeah, that was basically my day in a nut shell! It was a pretty chill day! Nothing too crazy or exhausting (for me anyway). Now, I realize today was also Mother's Day. Believe me, I didn't forget. However, I always lack some enthusiasm on Mother's Day, and it's because I hold some resentment towards my madre due to several upsets in the past. I'm trying to get rid of that bitterness, and I've asked God to help me do just that. I'm not sure if I'll ever have that relationship with my mom that I want, but I'd like to try (or rather, I'm asking God to help me want to try, if that makes sense). At any rate, today made me think not just about my own mom, but more-so all of the incredible mothers of some of my closest friends that I love so incredibly much! I wish I had given them a token of my appreciation today, because they more than deserve it for their loving kindness towards me. I had one of said mothers tell me today that she counted me like a daughter, and I could of cried. I can't tell you on here how loved I felt right there. Ahh! I adore my friends' moms! More than they will ever know. Next year, I will be much more proactive and plan ahead! They will get tangible representations of how much I love and appreciate them, even if it's just something small :)

Thank you, everyone, for making today a good one :) I love you all! Goodnight :)

P.S.- This is the necklace Heather gave me as part of my present :) I adore it! Isn't it cute?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment