Monday, May 23, 2011

The first long Sunday of many.

After less than 5 hours of sleep, I woke up nice and early so that I would make it to church by 8:30. We helped set up for preschool before heading upstairs for middle school sunday school, which by the way I loved getting to help out in. A good portion of the time was spent in small groups, and Laura and I got to lead a group of 4 lovely young ladies :) Each of them was willing to share what they got out of the verses and how it applies to their lives. Seeing them analyzing and discussing the Word was so encouraging for me. They are so young and have beautiful little hearts :) I may not know them very well just yet, but I will by the time this summer is over; that is my goal! Precious little lambs :) That honestly might have been the highlight of my day :) I hope I get to do more of it!

After watching some preschool kids for a bit while their parents dropped them off, the dern-terns were free to attend service. Today was grad sunday! Seeing all of my senior loves walk across the front made me have another one of those "proud mom" moments :) I just can't believe they're all either graduating or have done so already! What?! We're all in the college bracket now??? So crazy. But I am so happy for them :) This world better look out, we've got some strong and ambitious individuals entering the scene ;) Ahhh! I do love them!

Lunch, as per usual, was at Chipotle. Yum! I got to sit with a large group of friends, and that made me very happy :) And even though I was in the middle of some very.... shall we say interesting man conversations, it was quite funny. I even got to sit next to Alex! I love that I'm starting to actually see him now; I missed him alot alot! But alas, it is summer and we are all free to hang! Woop woop!

I finally got the SAO newsletter sent out today, praise God. I didn't get everything in there that I wanted, but I could only wait for so long. Either way, I'm glad it's over with. I took a short nap before going to my dad's house for dinner. Jenn and I hung out with mom for a bit when we got back, which was pretty nifty. Okay! So I think I'm going to hang my hammock up some time this week, or at least I want to. This huge hammock that I bought in Brazil last summer has just been sitting in my closet because I had nowhere to put it. Well, It may very well be getting hung catty-corner across my bedroom above my bed! Haha. Jennifer thinks it'll be a safety hazard, but the worst that could happen is I bang my head on my bed frame. Yes, it would hurt, but I'll just pray that doesn't happen!

While pulling out the hammock, I found my recorder (the instrument) from the fourth grade! Haha! I can still play Ode to Joy without any real effort. Yeah, muscle memory! Of course, after that came a serious of obnoxious noises that left my sister and I laughing hysterically (which of course meant leakage from my eyeballs). But other than that, tonight's been pretty chill. I do believe I've completed the happy hands choreography I was asked to come up with. I'm going for awkward with a touch of humor, so we'll see how this goes. Haha.

Also, I love this remix!


Goodnight loves!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this remix its been on my ipod since it came out lol

Post a Comment