Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm not a freshman anymore.

No matter how many times I tell myself, I still can't fully wrap my head around it! It doesn't feel like summer to me, not yet anyways. And even though I'm home I don't feel like I'm going to be here for 3 months. Why does that seem like such a long time? Haha. I mean, in the grand scheme of things it's not, but still...

But anyways, my final this morning went really well (at least I think so)! Hopefully I'll be able to get an A on and finish the semester out strong. Fingers crossed! But anyways, the rest of my day was basically spent packing and whatnot. Hannah and Brandi came by to see me, which I loved. But I cannot believe that Brandi is going to be on the other side of the country from me for three whole months :( I won't lie, I cried saying bye to her today. I just cannot handle separation, not well anyways. That is going to be the hardest part about summer, is being away from so many people that I have come to love so dearly-- specifically my sisters...
No more late nights in Carrier, no weekly lunch dates, no quad days... at least not for a while. It just seems so strange right now, because it's become so routine to me as of recent. My status on facebook earlier said that leaving JMU was bittersweet, and can I just say how happy I am that I can say that? I have people both at home and school that I truly and dearly love with all of my heart. And even though I'll always feel sad as a result of separation from one of those groups of friends, I always have someone to come back to :) Seriously, I was worried after first semester that I wouldn't find that close group of friends at school that I wanted so badly. Now I have that, and it means more than I can adequately express :) I love you sisters!!!

I must say, my summer is off to a pretty lovely start. Even though I came home to an empty house, I was able to unpack some things and get somewhat settled in. Then, after being in Richmond for only about an hour, I drove over to church to see everyone after youth group :) So many amazing friends, several epic attack hugs, and just so much love :) I must say though, greatest hug awards go to Kaitlyn, Juliana, and Heather, all of whom ran to me and jumped into my arms :)  Haha, both Kaitlyn and Juliana even let out a little squeal/yell. I do love my middle school friends :) Once I got back to the house, I spent a decent amount of time just sitting at the kitchen table talking to Jennifer about life. We are definitely getting closer int his stage of our life, and it makes me really happy.
My litter sister is so funny, and I love her tremendously :) I'm also SO proud of her [in general, but also] because she's eligible for NHS! She submitted her application last week, and hopefully she'll find out the decision soon! Shoot, she's a smart cookie. They better let her in! Haha. No but seriously.....

Teehee :) Well loves, I will end my tangent there. I'm still running on that 30 minutes of sleep I got this morning, so I'm ready for beds. Mark my words, I will be asleep until at least 12. This is going to be glorious :) Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment