Monday, May 16, 2011

Sweet Frog and Selena Gomez

Today, I got to hang out with someone that I have not seen or talked to in months. I was able to get froyo with my dearest Lindsay, and it made my heart so happy :) I had missed her a great deal while I was away at school, so I am very glad that we were able to get together :)

After our Sweet Frog endeavor, I went to the bank and did some grocery shopping. I now have nutella and almond butter at my house :) YUM! (Thank you, Heather, for introducing me to almond butter!) I was basically stocking up of things for breakfast and lunch on the days that I have the internship. I am pretty stoked for my ham, cheese, and red-pepper hummus panini-style sandwiches! Mmmmm! Haha, I feel like I shouldn't be this excited over food, but oh well :)

I visited my neighbor, Sam, today! I can't believe she's going to be done with her culinary program in December! Hopefully she'll get the externship she interviewed for, and after she completes the program she'll be legit job hunting! That's so crazy to me. And to think, I have at least another 4 years of school.... Oh dear. Haha!

It was leftovers night at padre's. We actually ate at a very decent hour, and we had plenty of time to just sit and talk before I had to leave. I like dinner table chats with my dad; they are never really dull or anything. We always keep it at lest somewhat interesting. And since we're both talkers, it's rare that we have any weird gaps, which is good :) We may not always see eye-to-eye, but I do love my padre :)

I attended the middle school social tonight :) It was rather fun, and complete with bubbles, chalk, croquet, hop-scotch, and other various games. It's weird for me to picture myself in a legit "youth leader" position, probably because I'm mildly intimidated by others who have been leaders for a while. But hopefully, in due time, I won't feel that way anymore. Even still, I had a good time :) I drove my little Juliana there and back, and my goodness do I love that girl :) We may or may not have jammed out to Selena Gomez, sang Rascal Flatts songs, head-bobbed to rap songs, beat-boxed, finger-danced, and tried to get people in neighboring cars to wave back at us.... (Well, the last part was Juliana, but yeah.) Haha! So great, so great :)

Tomorrow marks day one of the internship, and we will be attending a funeral. It's not that I mind. However, I do wish I had known the man at least a little bit. Funerals are always sad, and I hope it isn't awkward since I'll essentially be a stranger. Well, I guess we shall see. Goodnight, loves!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

At least we'll be together at the funeral! Can't wait to hang out with you and stuff this summer through this internship! :D

Nikki said...

thanks for everything :)

Post a Comment