Sunday, May 22, 2011

One fine day :)

What a lovely day filled with lovely memories for some of my closest friends :) "Why?," you ask. Well, I had 4 beautiful friends of mine graduate today :) Heather, Elsbeth, Annemarie, and Ellory are all officially done with high school! So exciting :) I am so incredibly proud of them!

I had the pleasure of getting to see Elsbeth graduate this morning, and it was a really nice ceremony. It wasn't long and drawn out, nor boring for that matter. It was short and sweet, and we got to cheer for our darling Els as she received her diploma :)
Stole from Elsbeth :) Taken by Elizabeth!

Upon departure, Kelly, Gabe, and I went to Sweet Frog. I finally got to try the green (thanks, Annemarie!) tea froyo; it was delicious! I threw some almonds on top and YUMMM! So good. On a separate note, Gabe and Kelly are too funny. Goodness do I love them :) We spent about an hour and a half getting froyo, shoe shopping, and missing a few exits on the interstate, haha. Twas good stuff indeed!

Two o'clock rolled around, and it was time for Heather's graduation party! Eeeep :D It was a lovely gathering of people, and I thoroughly enjoyed it :) I got to see a lot of people whom I love, and I got to celebrate with Heather [and Annemarie!] on their big day! At one point Sarah, Kelly, Jeremy, Casey, and I were in the front yard playing with a bubble-wand and chasing down bubbles as we popped them with our pointer fingers :) Haha, we're all college age [or college grads], no big deal :) Put simply, it was a beautiful time with beautiful people :)

This evening was spent babysitting for a family who I haven't really seen in at least a year. The kids are still as cute as ever, and praise the Lord they are still well behaved and nice towards each other. They were so good for me, and I was extremely grateful for that :) After watching Phineas and Ferb, playing Super Mario, playing "Monster" [aka a never-ending game of tag], taking turns on the swings, shower time, and a little Harry Potter, it was bed time. And so from 9-11:30 I just chilled on the couch practicing my memory verses and reading a bit of scripture. With this whole rumor of the rapture, I decided to read Revelations, since I never really have before. I didn't get through the whole book, but I did read 15 chapters. That is some intense stuff, a lot of which is kind of hard to wrap your head around. I was very fond of these verses, though.


14 “'These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,
   'they are before the throne of God
   and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne
   will shelter them with his presence. 
16 ‘Never again will they hunger;
   never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’
   nor any scorching heat. 
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne
   will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’
   ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'"
{Revelation 7}

Quite frankly, I am exhausted. Unfortunately I will not even be able to get six hours of sleep because I need to be at church at 8:30. However, I am going to take this moment to once again say how proud I am of my loves who graduated today! This is such a big milestone in each of your lives, and I know that God is going to use you in beautiful and glorious ways! I love you all! God speed ;)

P.S.- I meant to post a link to Harry's blog last night! He's been my little sister's best friend for ten years, and I love him to bits and pieces :) He is an amazing artist and person, so you should follow him if you so desire :)

2 comments:

annemarie. said...

you mean green tea froyo??? : )

Stephanie Marie said...

hahaha. danggit! i messed that up when i was saying it, too! i guess i just put too much "sweet tea" in my system :) thanks boo! :)

Post a Comment