Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Ewww! Did you see that high-V?!"

Haha! Our motions might be a tad rusty, but Chelsea and I haven't lost our cheering skills. We got together today to get stuff ready for HHS cheering tryouts next week (which we are running). Yeah, we were able to make up 2 chants, a cheer, and a dance (over eight 8-counts long!) in less than an hour. We felt pretty sweet, haha :D To put things in perspective, neither Chelsea nor I have cheered in over a year, so this was kind of a big deal for us, haha.

After a speedy meal with my dad and Jenn, I was off to church! We attended a Family Life meeting before heading up to youth group. I know I've already said this, but I. LOVE. BEING. A YOUTH LEADER. So much! I love praying for, dancing around with, and just interacting with current and soon-to-be friends :) We did prayer time tonight in partners, and one of my little loves prayed for me. It was so sweet, and I am so blessed by her caring soul :) I think the awesome thing is that even though I'm there to lead them and whatnot, I am being so impacted at the same time. And I know that might sound really cliche, so I apologize for that, but it's true. It's a beautiful thing :) I just love it!

Now, I realize that some of you are reading this and are in youth group and only a year younger than I am, and I don't want you to think I'm like patting your head going "Aww, you're so little!" No, please understand that I'm not going there, haha. I'm just really excited about the new relationships I'm forming with people, particularly middle school girls :) I really hope I get to work closely with them this summer! They are an awesome group, from what I've seen :) And I think they like me too (at least I know some of them do), so that's a plus! Haha :)

What better way to finish off a fun-filled day than with some Cookout and a hangout at Elizabeth's :) Watching Workaholics and Tosh.0, oh yes. Love you, friends! So much laughter and so many good times, it's great :) Goodnight all!

1 comments:

kayaygee said...

I'm so happy for you Stephanie! :D
oh and workaholics was just. too much.

Post a Comment