Thursday, April 29, 2010

What if I'm not ready?

Words mentioned of sorrowed farewells.
There I stand isolated;
an invisible gap expanding before me.
Leave?
Heart ties snipped like thread.
Or at least seemingly so.
These walls are trembling;
threatening to collapse.
I am too small!
Please, I need more time!
Distance is rumored to harvest fondness,
but what if my pillars forget my name?
What if these walls cannot be rebuilt?
Emotions weaken over time.
Separation encompasses anxiety.
The age of flight is upon the horizon,
but I enjoy this cocoon.
Childish are my heart's desires;
lobes ever progressive.
Torn into factions.
Ready to evolve.
Afraid to depart.
What if I change?
What if our status is altered?
What if this new world is too much;
the gigantomachy too overwhelming?
What if I'm not ready?

0 comments:

Post a Comment