Sunday, April 18, 2010

My family doesn't know me...

and I want out! I'm sorry that I can't do anything right. I'm sorry that I'm always wrong. Day after day I'm ganged up on and I can't take it anymore! They wonder why I never want to spend time at home? They want to know why we don't communicate? Stop alienating me! Stop yelling at me! Stop lecturing me for these things that aren't my fault! I thought my sisters were supposed to be on my side; help and support me. I don't expect that from them anymore. It's to the point now where I feel like I can't depend on them for anything. Dictionary.com defines family as "a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not." Well, I guess that would be true for me if my family were a unit, but I don't feel any unity. I can never please them or make them happy. It's situations like this that create these emotional secrets that we hide from the  world. I think I could fill out a million of those posters for the youth show just from my secrets alone; and I suppose I have my family to credit with that. The way I'm spoken to makes me feel like a disappointment, a failure, like I'm never going to be good enough. I cry in solitude, and nobody in my family knows it. They also fail to recognize that I'm not happy; at least not in my relationship with them. I want to talk to someone, anyone, but I don't want to burden them with my troubles when others have issues that are much more severe. I feel like I should be able to handle this on my own. I'm trying, but I'm breaking. My family is not my family. You, my friends, are my family. You actually love me. You care about my feelings, and you're there for me when I need you! You support me always and you make me happy! You put a smile on my face! When you see me, I'm sure that I seem like one of the happiest girls alive, but that's because I have you all around me. You make me feel like I matter and that I'm truly loved. Without you all in my life, I'm afraid to know what state I'd be in right now. I just want to leave this place. I don't how long I'll be able to stand it. Lord, please help me....


I can't make my brain think of a question right now...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

i know what you're going through. feel free to call me up if you need to vent! i love you. and i would love to listen to your venting and buy you as many grande earl grey six pump lattes as your heart desires!

Heather Tobey said...

i just cried. steph, you NEVER will EVER feel like a burden to me. i am here for you to cry to, scream at(to get frustration out), to hug, to takl to. whatever you need, love. i just don't want you to hold it all inside. i do that... and it is never a pretty sight when my seems tear. i just really love you. and if you ever need to just get away, my house is always open for a lovely girl like you. i love you stephanie. and i am happy to know that i am a part of your family. that truly does make me happy. just remember that i am here.

Nikki said...

my high school life in a nut shell. We WILL have another date soon after the Youth Show. for now, I will shower you with hugs whenever I see you :) Love you and praying for you constantly. The Lord is working in you as we speak. Take my word for it :)

annemarie. said...

i'm glad that i have you in my life. :).

Post a Comment