Monday, April 12, 2010

Snap! Back to Reality.

Oh, there goes gravity! No but seriously, I'm not trying to blog about Eminem :) Anyways, today was my first day back to the realm of eight hour school days, various after-school activities, and a limited social life. I will say though, today was not that bad! Shocker, I know; I myself am pleasantly perplexed. In dance today, I realized just how out of shape a person can become in such a short amount of time. Well, maybe not out of shape, but my muscles were certainly tight! I don't think I have ever had my thighs hurt during a simple relevé, but oh, they did today (as a result of pliés and whatnot beforehand). And my arms, sheesh, I
go one week without pushups and my strength seems to have depleted. We did these reverse pushup things, and I though my biceps were on the verge of exploding. But I took comfort in the fact that my whole class felt that way, haha. Pshh, and I won't go into the abs (they feel okay now, but I don't know how it'll be tomorrow...). Fashion show rehearsal wasn't too bad. I saw my friend Cait that I haven't seen in about a year! (She used to be in my dance class.) It was nice to see her; she hasn't changed a bit. I do worry about her though. She dropped out of school last year (though she did get her GED), and now she's working; which is good, but some of her life decisions aren't the best... I'll be praying for her :) And now, well, I'm sitting at my dad's house and enjoying the music playlist from Lindsay's blog. These songs make me happy :) Oh! And I didn't have any of the creepy, disturbing dreams last night, so that made waking up less depressing! Ahhh! In just seven short weeks I will be done receiving my high school education! And in just three weeks, my AP testing will be done, so the rest of the year will be comprised of graduation rehearsals, senior meetings, senior picnic, senior skip day, etc. Oh my, my, my; this year may end on a high note after all (as far as school is concerned anyway). I love you all. You make me smile; even when you aren't with me :)

Fact: I have a hard time imagining God as being angry and vengeful. I was reading various pieces of scripture today and the image was depicted of God bursting from a sea of dark clouds and raining fire and thunder upon those that had harmed the righteous; punishing them. I don't know, I guess I've just never really viewed God in that light before. I'm not going to lie, it made me feel a little uneasy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment