Monday, April 19, 2010

These emotions are not forgotten.

Where pain ceases, numbness takes over.
Tears evaporated into yesteryear,
But my eyes remain dehydrated.
Though I have moved nowhere,
the world continues to rotate beneath me.
Others have moved on.
I remain immobile.
They seem to have forgotten,
the scar they've left inside of me.
My tears have finally run out,
but the hurt continues to linger.
And though its shadow of heartache 
and melancholy are no longer tangible,
I feel the weight of this burden;
trapped within the confinement of my cage.
Words and slanders perch themselves upon
my sternum; compressing it into my spine.
They are heavy, dead weight that
I cannot seem to rid myself of.
My body is reacting 
to the unwelcome barbells.
Limb by limb I am crumbling.
Should my legs give out,
my arms could offer no support.
Running on fumes;
banking on faith and  love.
I am now numb.
But it's better than feeling the pain.
Isn't it?...



My dad sent this to me yesterday. I was honestly very surprised to receive this from him because (as far as I know) he is not engaged in a relationship with Jesus. Yes, he'll come to watch the WEAG performances that I'm in, but that's about the extent of it. Anyways, I find it to be strangely relevant...

0 comments:

Post a Comment