Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This one's for the girls...

who have ever felt alone, forgotten, useless, or less than satisfactory. For those of us who bottle everything up; hiding our struggles from anyone and everyone because we think we can handle this alone. WE CAN'T! I've tried, and I know you have to. You know as well as I that we reach a breaking point where we fall to pieces; many times while we are alone. But, when you crumble, how do you reassemble yourself? We need someone to rely on; to depend on. Yes, we should always turn out problems to God and let him control those sorts of situations, but that we aren't always successful in doing that. I, personally, struggle with this every, single day. I'm afraid to give it all to God because I feel like I know what's best for me and what will make me happy. And I know I'm not alone, so I'll continue on that thought. Sometimes, when you feel as small as the tears pouring down your face, you need a physical connection to bring you up out of the abyss. You need someone to look you in the eyes and tell you that you are not alone. You are loved and cared for. You are beautiful; internally and externally. You are ideal in my heart and mind; even if you stress your imperfections. You can get help. People are willing to help. I am willing to help! I guess the purpose of this rant was partially to bring some things to light. I want my friends to know that I want to listen to them. I want to alleviate their stress, carry their burdens, share their pain, and give advice when needed. I also want you all to help me... I'm always trying to reach out to others; to comfort them; because that's what I love doing. Being there for my friends is and has been my top priority for a long time mow, but I am flawed. Though I am always willing to give help, I can hardly ever bring myself to ask my friends for assistance. I just don't want to be the friend who's full of issues and can't keep it together. But the truth is, whether it's seen or not, that's essentially what I am. I probably cry more than any person I have ever met, but I don't want others to see that. I want to hold a strong front to those who desire a support system, and I've gotten pretty good at it; but I don't know if I want to be... Just please, talk to me. Let me talk to you. I don't think we can do this alone... And even if we could, I don't think I could bear it...

1 comments:

Kelly said...

"feel as small as the tears pouring down your face..." i loved this :). its so right. we all try to be the nurturer, everyone else's support, when we don't want to admit that we need their support too. i love you and know that you can call me up if you ever need to talk!

Post a Comment