Friday, April 16, 2010

Exoskeleton.

I'm not going to lie. I woke up this morning, and the first thought that entered my mind was "F.M.L." I don't sleep as much as I should; it's a problem that I'm willing to admit. But anyways, I went through the Starbucks drive-thru like I do on a regular basis, and the barista messed up my drink. This girl has done it before, and it's never too terrible. But for some reason, when I order a grande six pump earl grey tea late, she makes me a venti! And that wouldn't be an issue except she tries to charge me for a venti, and since there's only six pump in the venti, it's not sweet enough. Its okay though, she fixed the pricing and gave me some splenda so I could fix it later :) When I got to school, I had to carry in twelve two-liter bottles of sode with me. I could have called someone to come out to my car to help me. No, I decided I could do it all by myself. Well, I made it from my car to the commons before I got Kamau  to help me. I may or may not have been on the verge of collapsing; those things were heavy! And now I have these marks on my wrists from where the bags hold eight of the two-liter bottles slid down to my wrist and were on top of my bracelets. Seriously, it looks like I failed at cutting myself (well, kind of; the picture quality is minimal)... I worked on physics homework during earlybird (since I neglected to do it last night). And stats was fun! We did chi-squared tests to see if the answer choices on multiple choice tests are equally distributed. And even though most of us found that there were more "B" answers than A, C, or D, there still isn't evidence that their proportions aren't equal (25% each). Well, I don't know about you, but after day, here's my motto: when in doubt, choose B! At the end of class, my friend Lynn was painting her nails, and, when she stood up, she had to pull her pants up. But wait, wet nails! So what does she do? Haha, well it looked to me and Mariah like she was trying to bust a move. I mean, her pelvis was all over the place! I suppose that's to be expected though when you can't use your hands :) I'm going to skip the overview of physics and study hall; quite frankly, they're rather dull. I thought today was going to be a choreography day in dance, but sadly it was not. We ended up having a modern class with Tony; which wasn't too bad. Although, we were kind of a hot mess during his combination; haha. Oh, and he knew it too. You can read his face like a book! It's comical.... Today was the fashion show! And even though I had to miss Bible study, it was fun! Melody's jewelry pieces turned out so well! I ended up wearing three pieces instead of just one! Then, after the show, I went up to church to hang out with Elizabeth, and was surprised to find Kathryn and Amber there as well! So we got to chat for a spell, and it was quite lovely. I also got to see my darling Nikki; oh how I do envy her patience :) I followed that fellowship up with a twenty minute conversation with Elizabeth in the middle of the parking lot. Yeah, that can sometimes happen. What can I say... I'm a talker! I'm still internally coping with drama, but I'm pondering a way to address it in a calm, non-aggressive fashion. I don't want to initiate any confrontation; merely diffuse the flame that's been lit right under me without my knowledge. Oh life, I try to live you blissfully, but others don't want to cooperate... It is, truly, a shame.

TPQ: Is inner beauty something that is developed? Or are you instilled with it? Many times I wonder about this. As children, were we not all innocent? Pure and tender hearted? How are we now? I suppose the question is not whether or not you possess inner beauty, but whether or not you show it. God looks at all of us as being beautiful, and I know he's not binding us to earthly standards. We all must contain inner beauty, then; whether we are aware of it or not. Do we often hide or bury that aspect of ourselves? If we didn't, then wouldn't the world be more serene?
Melody's Jewelry Line: "Exoskeleton"

1 comments:

Kelly said...

my thoughts on your question, because i liked it so much: we tend to undermine or change our inner beauty to match up to the world's standards.

Post a Comment