Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter break, you will never be long enough.

And now I am back at JMU, 128 miles away from all of the excitement and rest I was experiencing at home. It's bittersweet, being back. I'm excited to see all of my amazing sisters and friends, but I really do long for my family back home. And I'm afraid that I'll be distracted spiritually now that I'll be having a busy schedule. Over break, and in the past week especially, I have felt myself become closer to and more rooted in God, and I desperately want to hold on to that! I know my tendencies, and I do not want to find myself taking four steps backward. I'm definitely going to need to take Shane's sermon to heart. I need to utilize and rely on God's time, power, and purpose!

I'm quite tired, and so once again I shall present you with a run-down:

  • Overslept.
    • Alarm was set for PM... Hate that.
    • Got to church 30 minutes late.
  • Lunch at Chipotle.
  • Stroll through Anthropologie with Elsbeth, Heather, and Meaghann.
  • Packing... lots of it.
  • Dinner with Dad and Jenn.
  • Drive back to JMU.
    • Crazy truck who did not like me and had the Jesus fish on their car.
      • Irony.
  • Talked to Kelly for a spell!
  • Hang out at the Fishbowl.
    • I do love them.
  • Much needed chat time with Heather.
    • I miss her terribly already.

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment