Friday, January 27, 2012

Moulin Rouge

I spent this evening with my darling Stephanie :) After work, she had me over for dinner, in which we enjoyed baked potatoes and salad complete with chicken :) We talked about some childhood things, some fun and some not, and we debated whether or not I am unfair in my playing of nose-goes. Haha. Soon after dinner, Lauren came home, and the three of us ended up lounging on the sofa in front of the television-- me with my giant mug of tea that apparently was equivalent to four cups. (I drank two mug-fulls before the night was over! Haha.) Then, after talking to my padre on the phone for a while, we decided to watch a movie.

Moulin Rouge. I had never seen this movie before, and it certainly was not what I expected! And although I was left empathetically heartbroken, I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline! I might go so far as to say that I like it better than the Notebook. (I know, such a statement is practically taboo for a girl, but I said it!) I'm a sucker for a good love story, but I guess I'm pretty picky about what I consider "good." Hmm... Is this going to carry over into real life, this trait? Oh dear, I may be in trouble. Haha. (It's funny because it's kind of not.... And also because it might be true. Haha.) Anywhoo, after the movie, Steph and Lauren proceeded to serenade me with this song, complete with movement and everything:


Twas a beautiful sight to behold, haha :) Those girls are so funny. I'm so happy that Steph had me over tonight. Not only do I miss my Steph-squared time, but I just love her a lot. Whether she's giving me advise, listening to me sob, dancing with me in the hallways of Wilson, or "slaving over" (:P) a home-prepared meal for the two of us, she is always there to lift me up and bring a smile to my face :) Who's thankful? This girl right here.

Goodnight loves!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that movie one of my favs def top 5

Post a Comment