Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First day of classes, Spring 2012!

Okay, so my only classes on Monday and Wednesday are dance classes, specifically Intermediate Modern and Improvisation. And in Improv we just went over the syllabus, but Modern was a full blown class! I will admit, I'm a tad rusty since I haven't taken a class in about a year and a half. Thus, I was more than a little anxious/intimidated going into this thing. (Also bearing in mind that I am the only person who isn't a dance major/minor/hopeful.) But I am happy to report that it went fairly well! I'm not the quickest when it comes to picking up combinations, but I'm hoping to improve on that! I was a little scared that she would pull me aside and suggest that I bump down a level (which she did do with a few girls), but she didn't and I was so happy/relieved! I'm not as shabby as I thought! Yay! The only slight downer of the class was this:


That, my friends, is a blood blister. Yes, I got that little beauty during a combination where we were going down to the floor. I didn't realize how close I was to the wall of retracted bleachers and my hand slammed right up under that thing. It was annoying, and slightly painful when I hit it on things, but I drained it and it feels better right now. Sorry if that was disgusting....

As for the rest of the day, I spent quality time with some of my SAO sisters! I enjoyed lunch while hanging out with varying combinations of Kirsten, Beth, Jenn, Taylor, Lauren, and Hannah :) I went over to Steph's apartment and watched Friends with her and her roommate Lauren while sipping on some hot tea :) Then, after grabbign some dinner, I hung out at the Fishbowl with Lauren, Hannah, Jenn, and Brandi; we watched Little Manhattan :) That movie is SO precious! I just love it!

Oh, and did I mentioned it snowed today? Because it did, quite a bit actually!

It's not really visible in the picture, but it was coming DOWN! (View of Wilson from the Forbes tunnel.)

My suitcase from break is officially unpacked, and all I have left to put away are my shoes. Oh joy... I still don't think I'm excited about being back at school, but my friends are helping me enjoy it. I love them. I love YOU! Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment