Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cause I'm fresh!

Hello all! Today was good indeed! Lots of fun and exciting things that I will mention startinggggggg NOW!

Okay, so I got to teach Kelly's Intermediate Hip Hop class tonight at church, and I LOVED IT :) Those girls were so sweet and up for anything. I was scared that my combination would be too short and that they wouldn't enjoy it at al, but I didn't run into those issues at all! One of the girls just straight up told me that she liked it, and I had both of them comfortable and smiling/laughing before the class was over. That's another thing, the time flew by. One of the girls randomly asked me what time it was, and I looked at my iPod and we were both stunned that there was only 7 minutes left. I even went to check my phone, because none of us were believing it. But, I suppose does fly when you're having fun :) And I only taught a little over half of what I had prepared, but it's a much better situation than not having enough (been there before!).  Before one of our run-throughs with music, I heard a girl say something an asked her if she had a question. She said, "No. I was just saying that I suck at this." This precious little girl did not "suck" at all. I told her that, with hip hop, it is impossible to truly be bad at it if you emit a sense of confidence and bring your own personality to it. If you rock your movement, regardless of whether or not you mess up, you will look sweet. And wouldn't you know it, I put the music on and she knew almost all of the choreography, and did most of it with a smile on her face. She did awesome, just like I knew she would :) The thing I love about hip hop, and something I incorporated into my class, is that it doesn't always have to be precise. I am very much a person that loves seeing an individual dance with their own swag, because that's what makes it unique and fun to watch. I'm not sure how used they were to that method of learning/performing movement, but they were a joy to teach :) I had so much fun!

Wow.... That was long winded. Haha. I'll keep the rest short (or at least I'll try). I went to my dad's house for dinner, and helped Jenn with college application stuff. My little sister surprised me with something unexpected; she applied to JMU!!! Ahhh! I am so excited right now :) Even though I know Virginia Tech is her first choice and that she will go there if she gets in, I am still an antsy proud sister! I pray that she gets in to JMU and/or Tech! Fingers crossed, friends!

As for tonight, I partook in a massive hangout at Elizabeth's casa :) Literally, there had to have been about 15 of us, haha. We hung out, took in some Youtube videos, Facebook creeped on others and each other, and eventually Kim, Elizabeth, Rachel, and I ended up at Waffle House :) Maegan was not working tonight, but we made two new friends! Lacy and Jenny :) They were a little tired/frustrated because they were the only two that were there to work, but they were extremely kind and sweet to us. Yay for new Waffle House friends! We're networking :) Oh, and we had an incredible dance session in the car on the way to/in the parking lot of Waffle House. It was epic :)

Okay, that is all for tonight. Goodnight world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment