Thursday, January 5, 2012

Be Bold.

Tonight was my first time back at youth group since August, and it was truly amazing. I got to dance around with my middle/high school girls, get way too into the pyramid game, and I even got in on the action when "Be Bold" was played. The first round, I ended up getting pushed out of the mob and had to jump over a kid laying on the ground to prevent stepping on his face. Haha. That second time, I got pushed straight into the middle of the mob and ended up being on the bottom of the dog pile. And even with numerous kids falling on top of head and throwing themselves on top of me (and the knot that is currently forming on my shin), it was one of the highlights of my entire break. In that moment, I just felt like I was truly home. These kids are some of the greatest joys I have in my life, and the passion they have for God is such a testament of His glory; it's an incredible inspiration to me. During worship I opened my eyes and saw almost every person with their hands raised to God, shouting praise to their Father who they love. The Spirit was present and moving, that I am certain of. These middle and high schoolers are so in love with the Lord, and I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful.

Earlier today, I watched the stream of Francis Chan's talk from the Passion conference, and I was literally left speechless. Everything from the harsh truth of God's Word, our compulsion to sugarcoat/alter the Word for our convenience or justification(Noah/Adam and Eve), our shame in sharing the gospel, the constant lies we can be/are presented with, the importance of embodying faith, to reminder that all of the Truth is held in the Bible... All of it just struck me so profoundly. I need to know the Word of God if I am to avoid deception. I need to trust that God is true to His Word, and with that accept the Truth literally for what it is (not my own desired interpretation of it). I can be excited for the things God has prepared for me and have the faith necessary to follow His direction. My passion and compassion should be acted upon with righteous ambition and enthusiasm; I should never be ashamed to express my faith. I need to have the strength to step out when no one else will. I must be bold.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes." 
{Romans 1:16}


” 6 Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, 'Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised men. Perhaps the LORD will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few.'
 7 'Do all that you have in mind,' his armor-bearer said. 'Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul.'”
{1 Samuel 14:6-7}

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."
{2 Timothy 4:3-5}

” 12 Then Jesus said to his host, 'When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.'”
{Luke 14:12-14}

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
{Matthew 28:19}

3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus."
{Ephesians 2:3-7}

"All these people are saying God doesn't work like that anymore, and I'm going 'Man, I think they're all lying.' 'Cause I'm reading this book and it seems like Christ has died, and Christ has risen. And He's coming again with all of His angels, and I wanna be ready for that." -Francis Chan

Friends, I feel compelled and beyond blessed right now! God is good, all the time! He is at work and He wants us to be as well! Let us not stand idly by, but actively embody and carry out His Word. Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment