Sunday, January 29, 2012

Note to self: movies are not reality.

For real, I get extremely emotionally invested into movies that I really like. For example, I watched Moulin Rouge again tonight. (Yes, I know I just watched it, but now I own my own copy! Haha. Crazy? Maybe I am; it's plausible.) While I was watching it, and mind you this was only about 10 minutes in, Hannah and Jenn looked at me and asked me if I was okay. Apparently, I had an extremely concerned facial expression. And later on in the movie, towards the end, they kept looking at me and saying, "It's okay Steph! It's not real!" Okay, I know it's not, but I just get so sucked in! Bahhh. I have a problem, it's fine... By the way, those of you who haven't seen that movie before, make a date with me to get together and do so :)

As for the earlier chuck of my day, here it goes: I got brunch with Taylor, Brittany, and Hannah [my little]. We talked about the dramas and funnies of elementary school, and it was quite entertaining. Brittany lying about A.R. points in the third grade, my hair getting cut off in kindergarten, and various stories about the crazy little boys that Brittany worked with when se was in high school.... we were rolling. Haha. Hannah and I followed brunch up with some Mandarin Rooibos/Chai tea at Greenberry's :) I love my Big/Little time with Hannah; it makes me happy :) And I love being able to touch base with her and see how everything is going in her life, since I don't see her very much throughout the week.

After our tea time, I was not productive at all. Y'all, I am on board the struggle bus right now in regards to getting work done. It's rough... But anyways, later on, I ventured over to FYE where I found Moulin Rouge! (Walmart, Best Buy, and Target were all fails in that department... I checked.) Not only did I find it, but it was only $5! Holla! I also found pocky, which is also a bonus :) After that endeavor, Hannah (not my little) and I got dinner together at Dukes :) We talked about lots of things, but mostly our families. I love our heart-to-hearts because, even though we both have things to share, we take the time to listen to one another as well, which is important to both of us. We can be "me" talkers when appropriate, while also being "you" talkers :) That may not make sense if you weren't there.... But that was another topic we discussed! At any rate, we followed up our dinner date with an attempted homework session at the Fishbowl, which I failed at (at least Hannah and Brandi got work done though....). Luckily for me, it turned into a movie night :) Jenn came over and we took in the flick!

Now here I am, exactly 6 hours away from when I need to wake up, and I am a sleepy bear. Tomorrow morning might be a little rough.... Womp. Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment