Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day two of classes.

Well, I have officially gone to each of my classes (since the other course I was trying to get in got full... we won't go into why I think that is). Today's classes are going to be much more demanding and/or tedious, which I was anticipating. One thing I'm a little worried about, in regards to my science and social work classes, is that both of my professors have very strong accents. One of them is from Korea, and the other is from India I believe. I can understand what they're saying, but I will definitely have to pay close attention to make sure I catch everything. I do love the diversity, though. It really adds to the learning experience, I think! How boring would it be if all of my professors were super similar? Very. And also, my abnormal psyc class went by quite fast considering it's 2.5 hours long! My professor is very interesting and a healthy dose of sarcastic. He seems pretty cool, I think!

In social news, I got to enjoy lunch/hangout time with Jenn, Nicole, Taylor, Kirsten, Brittany, and Courtney today! I got to see some small group people (Samantha, Lauren, Kaci, Emma, and Melissa) too! And, after dinner, I was able to have a Stizz date with my Little, Hannah! YAY! I was so happy to see her :) We may not have found an official Big/Little weekly date time yet, but we were determined to get time together this week! Haha :)

Also, a thought from today: We really need to be conscious about what we say/do and how it represents Christ and the church. I know I have said and done things that poorly represent my Father and perhaps even demeaned my brothers and sisters; I am far from spotless. But my thought is that the more we become aware of our tendencies, the better we will become at eliminating those that do not glorify God.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
{Colossians 3:17}


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
{1 Corinthians 10:31}

Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment