Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Psalms...

Not just for myself, but also for those whom I love and care about with every fiber of my being. My prayer is that peace and refuge would be found in God, and that hope and joy would be restored. I would love nothing more than to see such a revival. God is faithful, and I must always remember that His hand will forever be more powerful than my own. Where I may able to do nothing, He can do all things. Though trust is a struggle, I need to overcome that and truly place all of my trust in God. His provision is sufficient, His work is miraculous, and He is working for the good of those who love Him. Remember, self, that this is Truth; accept it, and embrace it.


Psalm 31
 1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; 
   let me never be put to shame; 
   deliver me in your righteousness. 
2 Turn your ear to me, 
   come quickly to my rescue; 
be my rock of refuge, 
   a strong fortress to save me. 
3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, 
   for the sake of your name lead and guide me. 
4 Free me from the trap that is set for me, 
   for you are my refuge. 
5 Into your hands I commit my spirit; 
   redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.


 6 I hate those who cling to worthless idols; 
   I trust in the LORD. 
7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, 
   for you saw my affliction 
   and knew the anguish of my soul. 
8 You have not handed me over to the enemy 
   but have set my feet in a spacious place.


 9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; 
   my eyes grow weak with sorrow, 
   my soul and my body with grief. 
10 My life is consumed by anguish 
   and my years by groaning; 
my strength fails because of my affliction,[a] 
   and my bones grow weak. 
11 Because of all my enemies, 
   I am the utter contempt of my neighbors; 
I am a dread to my friends— 
   those who see me on the street flee from me. 
12 I am forgotten by them as though I were dead; 
   I have become like broken pottery. 
13 For I hear the slander of many; 
   there is terror on every side; 
they conspire against me 
   and plot to take my life.


 14 But I trust in you, O LORD; 
   I say, “You are my God.” 
15 My times are in your hands; 
   deliver me from my enemies 
   and from those who pursue me. 
16 Let your face shine on your servant; 
   save me in your unfailing love. 
17 Let me not be put to shame, O LORD, 
   for I have cried out to you; 
but let the wicked be put to shame 
   and lie silent in the grave.[b] 
18 Let their lying lips be silenced, 
   for with pride and contempt 
   they speak arrogantly against the righteous.


 19 How great is your goodness, 
   which you have stored up for those who fear you, 
which you bestow in the sight of men 
   on those who take refuge in you. 
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them 
   from the intrigues of men; 
in your dwelling you keep them safe 
   from accusing tongues.


 21 Praise be to the LORD, 
   for he showed his wonderful love to me 
   when I was in a besieged city. 
22 In my alarm I said, 
   “I am cut off from your sight!” 
Yet you heard my cry for mercy 
   when I called to you for help.


 23 Love the LORD, all his saints! 
   The LORD preserves the faithful, 
   but the proud he pays back in full. 
24 Be strong and take heart, 
   all you who hope in the LORD.



Psalm 34
 1 I will extol the LORD at all times; 
   his praise will always be on my lips. 
2 My soul will boast in the LORD; 
   let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 
3 Glorify the LORD with me; 
   let us exalt his name together.

 4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; 
   he delivered me from all my fears. 
5 Those who look to him are radiant; 
   their faces are never covered with shame. 
6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; 
   he saved him out of all his troubles. 
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, 
   and he delivers them.

 8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; 
   blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. 
9 Fear the LORD, you his saints, 
   for those who fear him lack nothing. 
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, 
   but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

 11 Come, my children, listen to me; 
   I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 
12 Whoever of you loves life 
   and desires to see many good days, 
13 keep your tongue from evil 
   and your lips from speaking lies. 
14 Turn from evil and do good; 
   seek peace and pursue it.

 15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous 
   and his ears are attentive to their cry; 
16 the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, 
   to cut off the memory of them from the earth.

 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; 
   he delivers them from all their troubles. 
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted 
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

 19 A righteous man may have many troubles, 
   but the LORD delivers him from them all; 
20 he protects all his bones, 
   not one of them will be broken.

 21 Evil will slay the wicked; 
   the foes of the righteous will be condemned. 
22 The LORD redeems his servants; 
   no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment