Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Reflection





To think about everything that has actually happened in past year just really blows my mind. I completed my freshman year of college, and I became more comfortable at school than I ever thought I would. The internship with the youth group this summer taught me so much about God, relationships, and myself, and it was an experience that has permanently altered my awareness of how I relate to my brothers and sisters in Christ. I have seen beautiful transformations, and the impact of vulnerability. I have seen immense struggle faced by those I love, and through them I have witnessed the strength of Father at work. In entering my sophomore year, I encountered some obstacles of my own, but I have come to find that I can stand firm with the support I have around me. This year, more than ever, I have seen just how blessed I am in regards to my friends. The sacrifice, comfort, grace, and encouragement they display has been the most amazing testament of God's love at work. 2011, you have been good to me. You were long, yet you were filled with numerous opportunities. Going into 2012, I have no idea what to expect, but I have no doubt that I will encounter scenarios and challenges that will grow and strengthen me as an individual, and a daughter of Christ. Happy New Year, dear readers! But forget not your past; God uses that, too, so that you may truly prosper :)
"God is the God of our yesterdays, and He allows the memory of them to turn the past into a ministry of spiritual growth for our future." 
-Oswald Chambers

0 comments:

Post a Comment