Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

I hope you all had a wonderful day filled with the utmost joy and love! After all, today is one of celebration! On this day ever so many years ago, our Lord and Savior was gifted to us as an itty bitty baby!
"Jesus Christ was born into this world, not from it. He did not evolve out of history; He came into history from the outside. Jesus Christ is not the best human being, He is a Being Who cannot be accounted for by the human race at all. He is not man becoming God, but God Incarnate, God coming into human flesh, coming into it from the outside. His life is the Highest and the Holiest entering in at the Lowliest door. Our Lord’s birth was an advent." 
-Oswald Chambers

That was an excerpt for today's reading in My Utmost For His Highest :) And it is so true! Even as a baby, Jesus was not a mere human child. He was Immanuel, God with us! Our salvation is what laid in the manger that night; He always was, and always will be :) Thank you, Father, for your most precious gift that far surpasses any that we can give! You are most definitely looking our for your feeble and broken children, and for that (and much more) we give You praise!

For the events of my day, I have pictures :)



 Our tree :)

 Pastor Hershman reading the Christmas story to the children :)

 My grandparents have the most beautiful assortment of tea cups!


 These bells are so wonderful :) I used to pretend that I was conducting them when I was a child :)
(They light up in time with the music that plays when you turn them on!)

 Grandma and Grandpa's tree :)

 Jennifer and Grandpa!

 I love my Grandpa! So much :)

 Baby seester!

Padre knows that I'm a sucker for a fire :)

Yep, I had four [or would you say five?] stops total (mom's, dad's, church, grandparents', dad's). Although today was long, it was good :) And I am so glad I got to spend time with my church family as well! They are just as much my family as anyone else, after all! Okay, now I must share with you what is by far the greatest gift I received today...

MUSTACHE MUGS!!!!

Haha. I squealed/screeched when I opened these :) They are going in my house next year, and I am beyond excited! But of course, Christmas is not about the new presents we unwrap, but the gift God blessed us with! May that never be forgotten :) Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment