Monday, December 19, 2011

An afterthought post! Spiritual gifts!

I momentarily forgot that I wanted to blog about this....

Today in service, Hershman talked about spiritual gifts, which have been bestowed upon us by the Holy Spirit so as to build up the body of Christ for the glory of God's kingdom. Now, this is something that has always frustrated me a little in the sense that I wasn't sure of what mine was. I know that I've never spoken in tongues, nor have I prophesied. I have never personally physically healed someone... Do you see where I'm going with this? Well, I was comforted by a few things mentioned in the sermon: 1) We are all gifted; we are all gifted for a purpose. 2) There are many gifts, all of which are indispensable. 3) Some gifts are more visible than others.

So I do have a gift! We all do! And it had its own precious value, because it is indeed a gift from God gifted by the Holy Spirit! (Insert sigh of relief and joy here!) Then, as the service came to a close, my dear sweet Elysia turned to me and told me I had the gift of comfort and encouragement. Literally, it was one of the most touching things anyone has ever said to me. I didn't know what to do except to hug her. Because, it's one thing to figure out a gift like that on your own, but it meant so much more to hear it from a friend-- my beloved sister in Christ :)

That just really meant a lot to me, and I thought I would share that with anyone who so happens to read it :) I love you all! May your dreams me peaceful and full of wonder :)

"4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."
{1 Corinthians 12:4-6}

0 comments:

Post a Comment