Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We never walk alone.

"23 Yet I am always with you; 
   you hold me by my right hand. 
24 You guide me with your counsel, 
and afterward you will take me into glory. 
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
{Palm 63:23-26}

Only day one, and I am left physically exhausted. The combination of an anthropology final exam and a 4.5 hour work shift have put my into a physical slump. But aside from physical tiredness, I am okay. Truly okay, and some might say "oddly" at peace. Though by looking at this scripture it is far from odd. God is with me in every brain pulsation and hyperactive nerve. Even when panicked breathes and an accelerated heart rate begin to monopolize my functioning, God is reaching out His right hand to me to guide me into serene bliss. He will lead me to where He wants me, knowing full well that I am clearly unable to determine that place of splendor by my own will. The most beautiful thing we have in this earthly life if a relationship with Christ-- our Father and Savior that deemed us worth dying for. His love was that strong. We are weak and feeble-- highly unstable. But God lends us strength and serves as the Rock of our stability. We need nothing apart from Him. His presence in and provision of our hearts allows us to persevere through life's obstacles that may cause us to stumble. But rest assured, dearest brothers and sisters, those who walk with the Lord and live for His purpose shall always be lifted up {Proverbs 24:16}. God will not trample us. His outstretched hand will bring you to your feet once more, when all seems hopeless, and He will accompany you on the glorious path He has set before you. None of us walk alone, and we shall not endure alone. Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment