Friday, December 2, 2011

Two naps, five-hour work shift, and two chapters of 1 Thessalonians.

Today was a pretty long day, but not too terrible really. My classes were painless, and I got to take a nap in a massive beanbag in-between them, which I loved. I also took a nap after my last class, and that was pretty wonderful as well. I ended staying at work for an extra hour because they needed help, and even though the shift seemed to last forever, it wasn't too terrible. I had lots of friend drop by and say hi to me, so that made me smile :) As for the remainder of my night, I spent it in Carrier with Stephanie, Hannah, Hannah (Little), Valerie, and Tom (the latter two are friends of my Little that I met last night!). I had a lovely time hanging out with them, but it's funny that I spent about four hours there and had no work to do... Maybe I'm crazy! Haha. But at least I was in great company :)

In other news, I read the first two chapters of 1 Thessalonians today :) And let me tell you, they gave me something to aspire to. They had superb faith in the Lord and embodied the gospel in such a way that the presence of the Holy Spirit within them was unmistakably evident! What would it look like for me to live my life so that others would have not a shred of doubt that my faith lied solely in the Lord. Ahhh! I want that! And I shall strive for that!

4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 6You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7 And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8 The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere."
{1 Thessalonians 1:4-8}


13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe. 14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus..."
{1 Thessalonians 2:13-14}

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment