Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decided to try curly-ish hair today.

I think I like it :) (Also, I really like this scarf that Kaci got me for our small group secret santa last night!) But in other news, today was alright. My presentation for intro to social work went well, and I am happy to have that officially off of my plate! Huzzah! I was able to get a 30ish minute power nap in before an emotional an interesting social welfare class. It is from this class that I decided that I am for universal health care. Everyone deserves help in a medical crisis, regardless of their financial situation. Having a loved one die simply because they aren't wealthy or under employee benefits is just too tragic and, in my opinion, unjust. I'm kind of glad I finally have a conscious stance on something political, because I'm generally part of the "on the fence" crowd. But yes, so that was that.

After grabbing Steph some lunch and delivering it to her in Carrier, it was time for an oceanography cram session. It paid off. I got a 90 on my exam! YES! Now I just need to do well on the final.... Ugh. But yeah, after class I had a little moment of tension with my professor... She told we could look over our past exams to study for our final, and since we weren't allowed to take them home, I started typing up the questions and responses. Well... apparently she was not okay with that. She didn't say there would be any consequences, but it makes me anxious nonetheless. Ugg boots, I hope she doesn't take points off of my grade or anything! I'm a little scurrred :(

But(!), as a highlight of my day, I got to skype Heather!!!! Oh my goodness, do I miss my best friend. Talking to her always brightens my day, without fail. I cannot wait until break when I can hang out with her on the reg, and we won't have to worry about glitchy wi-fi connection or video/audio quality. That, and I really just want to hug her! Heather, you have a massive hug coming your way this Saturday! Brace yourself :)

Since our skype date, I've been in Carrier. I haven't done a lot, but I did just edit a paper and letter for Steph. I think all of the reading drained me... I'm zonked.
Hopefully I'll be back in my bed soon. I love you all! Goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment