Thursday, May 13, 2010

Three little woodpeckers

fell out of a tree in my back yard today. We had to get this pine tree cut down because it was completely dead. In that process, though, three little fledgling woodpeckers fell out of the tree and into a leaf pile. My mom found them and I had to take the to Addie's mom to be treated. None of them were really moving, and one of them was in really rough condition. As it turned out, the one that was really struggling didn't make it; which makes me sad... However, the other two are currently being treated for shock and Jennifer is caring for them. Addie asked me what I wanted to name them, and I don't really know. Suggestions? This is a picture of the two little birds wrapped in their heating pad:
As for the rest of my day, this will about sum it up... In physics, we acted as test dummies to receive electric currents and shocks, haha. I got volunteered to do this:
My hair didn't get this crazy, haha. But you get the point:)

That was interesting, haha. Dance class was intense today. Tony is absolutely crazy. My legs were not enjoying him today; the shakiness and quad pain were less than appreciated. My abs were a little bitter, but they weren't too bad. After school (and getting the birds safely into a box for transport) I picked Addie up and we went out for dinner. It was a great opportunity for us to just talk and catch up. Well, I actually did more listening and commenting, but I liked it. I don't always want to feel like I have to be the talker, you know? I like listening to what my friends have to say; whether it's thoughts, dreams, venting, problems, contemplations, anything. It was also refreshing to know that even though we aren't attached at the hip like we used to be, Addie and I can still confide in each other with confidence. I do love her to bits. And even though I constantly worry about her (as I do with all the people I truly care about), I know that she has an amazing life ahead of her. Her mind and heart are so lovely. I miss her. I'm so glad we got together; so glad! Now I'm sitting here typing this in anticipation of what's to come in the next hour or so... I'm going over to my dad's. He wants to talk to me. He says it's important. I know this is about our exchange yesterday, and honestly I'm not looking forward to it. I know things need to be resolved, and I want them to be. But I also know that sometimes he has a hard time listening instead of talking. Not only that, but I'm worried he might get angry with me... There's more to that, but this blog isn't really the place. I wanted to blog now, though, just in case things go downhill. I feel like I portray a fairly melancholy image of myself, and for that I apologize. It's just that this blog acts as my outlet for my internal issues that I rarely discuss out loud. Blah, well I suppose I'm going to end here. Tomorrow is Friday! I'm going to be abducted for my birthday! Eeeeep :] I am so stoked!

0 comments:

Post a Comment