Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day of birth.

What a lovely day I had today :) It didn't really feel like it was my birthday, but I had such a great time that it doesn't really matter! I went up to the walk-a-thon this morning to sit in the parking lot and converse with some of my favorite people. Annemarie made me vegan cupcakes :) And I accidentally hurt Heather with a confetti gun. (Did I mention that I was really sorry about that?) After the circle of shade hangout, I went to buy a new battery for my phone (so dunzo!) and headed to Mimi's for a birthday lunch with the family; well, part of my family..... Anyways, I went home for a spell before going over to my dad's house. I love talking to my dad sometimes. He and I can carry on a conversation for hours and cover a hundred different topics. He started talking about my childhood, and the way things used to be. It was kind of sad to hear the longing he had to go back to those days. Even the little things like watching Jennifer and I walk through the front door after school, or watching us play in the yard or chase after the ice cream truck. It's crazy how much of an effect divorce has had on my life. I used to live under my dad's roof. It used to be "home," not "my dad's house." A simple title can indicate the greatest of shifts... Let's look at mother's day, for instance; I have bitter feelings towards it. Buying a card that says "You always support me. You're the greatest mother in the world and I thank you for everything you do." was really difficult for me. I don't necessarily feel that way, you know? I have unspoken, unresolved issues that hinder our relationship. Maybe my lack of effort shows that I'm selfish; maybe this is my fault. But I can't help the way I feel... can I? I'm going to take this opportunity to shift from emotional to physical feelings. My stomach has been on the fritz all day. I don't know what I did or ate or what, but it went from making random noises to hurting. It hurts to apply pressure or cough; fail.  It feels uncomfortable to move my head from side to side; which I realized as I was trying to merge lanes on the highway. My lower back muscles are now sore. Why? I couldn't tell you. I think my left quad is starting to feel better though; which is a plus. Wow, this went from pleasant to complaint central; let me get back on track. Okay, so after I left my dad's I went to Target for a few items, and then I went to a lovely little get together. Dear friends, I love you with every solitary fiber of my being. You make everything better, and you put me in my happy bubble. You are the source of my greatest elation, and without you I would be incomplete. Thank you for being the marvelous individuals that you are. I love you all more than you will ever know! Love, Stephanie :)

2 comments:

annemarie. said...

love you buddy! and i'm so glad you enjoyed the cupcakes...i hope they aren't what made you sick though!

Kelly said...

mono....

Post a Comment