Thursday, May 20, 2010

Intro to happiness :)

So basically, my intro to humanities class just made my day today :) Mrs. Steele bought us all Chick-fil-a breakfast minis and sweet tea, and we spent the rest of class painting, complimenting each other, and just hanging out. Take a looksie!

Susan and I painting one of the paw prints :) I do love Susan. She's just so sweet!

The class! Kamau thinks he's a thug. Ha, I would be holding a dixie cup... fail!

Taylor thought it'd be funny to pose me this way. Wasted?! Yes, always... ha!

I laughed until I cried, haha. Honestly, my class wishes I was a party girl (or at least they like to pretend that I am one, haha).

And this, my friends, is my teacher (Mrs. Steele) talking about how bad she is at Mario Kart on the Wii, haha. Keep in mind she's the same teacher that often cancels my early bird class and let's me go to Wawa and Panera during intro. I do love her :)

When I leave high school, this will probably be the only class that I'll truly miss. We are so open to discussion and hearing other people's outlooks on various aspects of life; so thought provoking! I've also made some relationships with people that I never would have expected. A girl in my class today confided in me about something that she was struggling with emotionally. It was completely unexpected, but I felt touched that she trusted me enough to open up like that. And later on in class, when we all chose one person to compliment, she picked me :) I just felt so lovely in that moment; not because she said something nice about me, but because I felt like I had made a legitimate, genuine impression on someone :) I don't know, I just love being the person that others can confide in. Whether they're seeking advice or just someone to listen, I want to help in any way I can; because I feel like that's what I'm here for, and that makes me happy :)

I didn't get the scholarship tonight; which was kind of a bummer. However, one of the Civitan Club members sat at our table, and it was such a crazy coincidence. Not only is she a JMU alumni, but she was a social work major! So crazy! She talked about how many different career options are available with a social work degree, and she told me a little about what she had been doing; from Big Brothers/Big Sisters to working with the mentally handicapped. Eeeeep! I can't wait to start my career! Well, actually I can, but let's just say that I am most certainly looking forward to it!

I am happy. I am in a state of peace. I love you all. I bid thee goodnight :)

1 comments:

E.B. said...

i love that your teacher is sitting on the desk like that she looks like one of the students haha :)

Post a Comment