Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little me, future me, busy me.

Sometimes I wish I were a child; only not really. I have these visions in my head where I maintain the mind I have now, but I'm back in my six or seven year old body. I don't know, it's almost as though I feel like I'll be more carefree if I could just re-embody my younger self. At the same time, though, I imagine myself being more open to express myself in this state of youth; not really worried about wording things correctly or pre-editing what I really want to say. Is that weird? I think it's kind of a result of now being considered a legal adult. Not that I'm not enjoying it; because believe me I am! It's just that everything seems to have so much more weight now; my education, my responsibilities, my potential penalties. It isn't overwhelming, just a tad bit scary. 'Tis life though! And knowing that I'm not alone on this crazy, unpredictable journey brings me hope for a bright and lovely future :)

On a separate note, I'm kind of bummed that I'm missing youth group tomorrow. Aside from not getting to see you all, I heard the guest speaker is incredible. Ugh! I really wish I could be there! I do, I do, I do! But alas, I must go to this banquet. Please be praying that I will get this scholarship! I can use all of the help I can get to pay for college. Otherwise, I'll be in debt to my mom for the rest of my days; and that just doesn't sound all that appealing to me. Ya know? I may be hitting up El Chaps and/or dance rehearsal after this little shin-dig, but we shall see!

I'm beginning to discover that my greatest sense of joy in life is making others happy. Just the thought of other people's happiness brings me happiness! And if I can help provide said elation, then I just feel so good inside! Like I've done something truly right :) I think it's sensations like these that solidify my career choice. I want to be a social worker so badly! I want to improve the life-situations for those who are being abused, neglected, and oppressed. Maybe it'll start out on a small scale, but I hope that one day I can branch out to help fight global injustice through the International Justice Mission or something of that sort. I just really want to impact people's lives. I want to leave this earth knowing that I made a difference; no matter how small.
Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.
(Thank you for referencing this tonight, Connor McCormick!)

No early bird for the rest of the week! Woop woop! However, I do have to write a speech for government, a paper for English (my early bird class), and take notes in my lab log for physics (eww). In two weeks and three days, though, I will be done with all of my classes! Glory! I am looking forward to my intro to humanities class tomorrow, though. If it rains, then we'll be eating Chick-fil-a and watching Up! and Mona Lisa Smile. If it doesn't rain, then we'll eat Chick-fil-a and go paint outside :) Either one sounds okay in my book! But I'll leave you tonight with a little laugh via 1822 :)

A brief snippet of Jamal and Febes having a jam sesh :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

you totally just made me flip out when i saw interneational justice mission. THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO DO!!!! eeeep!

Post a Comment