Monday, May 24, 2010

6,700 gallons and counting...

I cannot even believe how drastically everything has changed for me over the past year and three months, and it's all for the better! I was thinking today about where I was at the beginning of my high school career, living simply on a day-to-day, practice-to-practice basis. I feel like everything I did was so superficial; so lacking in any sort of fulfillment. Exhibit A:

Granted, competition cheerleading and dancing weren't necessarily bad aspects of my life. But it completely consumed my life. It was what I lived for. Ha, that is such an awkward and baffling thought! I can't even imagine living my life that way anymore! No social life, only one or two really close friends, spending every spare second of time outside of school either at practice or doing homework... But even more than that, my relationship with God was practically nonexistent. I thought I knew what it was all about, but I knew nothing.

And now, I cannot help but marvel at the wonderful results of God's unending love and compassion! He gave me you all! He showed me how wonderfully amazing my life can be through Him! And he blessed me with all of you, my friends, to help guide me along the way :) When I came into this youth group fifteen months ago, I literally knew two people; Addie and Whitney. I clearly was not raised in the church setting, and you all probably thought I was incredibly strange, haha. (I can't say that I would blame you, haha.) Despite all of that, though, you all embraced me with open arms, and you showed me more love than I would have ever even thought possible. Never in my life have I had such an amazing family; one that truly cares about me; one that I would do anything and everything for. Standing in the services today (as well as at the grad banquet) I was reminded of how blessed I am. This beautiful group of people and I are about to embark on one of the greatest journeys of our lives, and I am so glad we have each other to help get us through it. Senior class of 2010, I love you with all of my heart and soul. I am so proud and lucky to be standing with you all as a SEEK graduate :)


Now, don't think I've forgotten about the rest of you! I could never do such a thing! Junior girls: You all have become so close to my heart. Every single day, I thank God for placing you in my life, and for our relationships that have been forged. Leaving you all is going to be one of the most difficult prospects of this college endeavor. All of you have touched me in so many different ways; I'm going to have to dedicate an entire blog to you all; which I will. But even still, I want you girls to know that you are (and have been for quite some time) the people that I admire most. Your hearts are so sincere, and your nature is so loving. I like to refer to you all as my "babes;" due to my overwhelming love for you all who just so happen to be younger than I. However, you all are constantly easing my burdens and advising me in times of utter chaos. I could not have come as far as I have without your presence in my life, and I could never thank you enough for that; ever....

And, of course, I could never forget the incredible youth leaders :) What an amazing support system you are! You all have graciously taken the place of my parental figures in terms of guiding me through my internal struggles and listening to the things I bear on my heart. Honestly, I wish I were related to you all; my beloved older sibling. I think of many of you that way :) You never judge or belittle me. You are always willing to listen to me ramble on for hours and actually hear what I'm saying. You all make me feel cared for in a way that I hadn't felt for quite some time. I could never repay you for everything that you've done for me. And ever though I'm younger than you all, I hope that maybe you could trust me to return the favor some day; I'd love that.

I just love you all so much! Thank you for showing me how wonderful this life can be! I am who I am because of you all, and I'm loving every minute of it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love you! <3

Heather Tobey said...

you are so dear to me stephanie. i love you so much and will not go a month without seeing you while you are away. it just won't happen!

Nikki said...

love u lots! and loved "Exhibit A." I laughed out loud a bit

Post a Comment