Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So, I know I'm only here for traffic court...

...but being in this house has never felt more like home! Seriously, I walked in the door and felt like it was part of the holiday season (not sure how to explain that exactly). Just being in Richmond feels so amazing right now with all of the stress I've been dealing with. The lighting in my house makes me calm, my doggy greeting me in the kitchen made me all happy inside, and even just being in my room is like a sigh of relief--with the insane Twilight wall, paisley bed sheets, various pictures, artwork, notes, and childhood remnants everywhere... it's just home :)
So yeah, tonight's endeavors have been confined to my house and include catching up with the family, trying (and failing) to convince Jennifer to go on a food run with me, having a kitchen talk with Jenn (I've missed those!), watching the first two episodes of New Girl (LOVE that show! I need to keep up with it!), and watching some Ninja Warrior :) It's been wonderfully relaxing, which is great because tomorrow may not be. (Yes, I am going to traffic court for the ticket I got from my accident. Womp!)

Other exciting news from today.... OH! I am going to start volunteering with the Boys & Girls Club in Harrisonburg for my social work hours! Even better, I'm going to be working in the teen center! Score! They originally were going to put me with 5 year olds..... I am so glad I mentioned that I was used to being with middle and high schoolers. Haha. The guy in charge of the teen center is so awesome, and he's from the 804! Woop woop! (I should also mention that he was pretty stoked to have another 804 rep in the building, haha!) I just can't wait to hang out with the kids there and invest in their lives! I have no clue what to expect, but I am excited to find out! I may even be helping out with a lock-in they're doing this weekend :) Eeeep!

By the way, I'm really sorry for the tone of my past few posts. These past few days have just not been good at all. I'm sure how many time I cried exactly, but it was quite a bit, and my stress levels were getting the better of me. That on top of my school work and other commitments was just too much for me to handle. But alas, I am hoping that I will be able to plunge through this new hectic schedule with a level head and solid dependence on God. Believe me, I'm going to need it. My schedule, starting next week, is going to look a little something like this:

Monday: class/Boys &Girls Club/small group
Tuesday: class all day
Wednesday: class/work
Thursday: class/work/Justice Team
Friday: class/Boys &Girls Club/large group
*Sprinkle in SAO events/candidate interviews.

Please pray that I am able to maintain my sanity! I have a lot of good things going on; I'm just afraid it may overwhelm me. Peace is what I'm going to need. I will get through it though! I shall persevere :) And on that note, I shall bid thee goodnight. Love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment