Friday, October 7, 2011

October 6, 2011

I apologize for the lack of real blog title. I was trying to think and came up with nothing....

Well! Today was my first day of work at Market One! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, I burned myself on the panini maker. And yes, my uniform does kind of smell like the deli... But the time went by quickly and people were nice to me :)

The Justice Team event, H20, is tomorrow!



Kudos to my friend and fellow justice team member, Zach, for putting these videos together! He is awesome!

We're all pretty stoked. I cannot wait to see everything come together! I really hope that God's presence is made known in that room, to both Christians and non-Christians. And I pray that this crisis will stir in people's hearts so that they would be willing to step out in faith to help us build a well in Rwanda! That is our goal, and all things are possible with God!

Also, I was being interviewed today by Jess, one of the lovely Delta candidates, and I was asked what my favorite Bible verse(s) is/are. This is something I have not thought about that in a long time, and scripture is so great that it's hard to just pick one! But I think, presently, Psalm 100 is a favorite of mine-- mostly because it serves as a reminder to me that: 1) I need to praise God with a joyful heart. 2) God made me, and I am His daughter; His creation. 3) I need to be thankful for the countless blessings in my life. 4) No matter what is going on in my life, God is always good. 5) God is faithful.


"1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his;
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations."



There is a part in this song where Psalm 100 is recited, and it's probably my favorite part. Whenever I listen to it on my way to class, I feel so encouraged. Hopefully, you do too :)

Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment