Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Note to self: get a giant bean bag chair.

I took a nap in one of the giant bean bags in Festival today, and it was glorious. Seriously, those things are so comfortable! If I can just get one of them in zebra print, I'd be good to go!

This morning I participated in a poverty simulation for my social welfare class. We were trying to see if we could make it through the month in an impoverished scenario. It was pretty hectic, I must say. People were running to wait in line at the Quick Cash and Bank, yelling at the people in social services, taking loans out from other "families," and even stealing from people! I was a nine-year old child, so most of my "month" was spent in school. However, my family forgot to take the 1 year old (simulated by a baby doll) to childcare and left him at home.... Well, the police came by and took him away to be held in a detention center, and my sister got charged with child neglect ($85 to get the baby back). It sounds crazy and a little bit silly, but it was so hard to get everything taken care of that we needed to! Lord, I pray that I never have to face that as a reality. Life would be so incredibly difficult.

I got interviewed by Ginger and Mina today :) I do love those girls. They are both so incredibly sweet, and I am so happy they're candidates. They make me smile :)

The girl that I got into the accident with this summer texted me today about paying them back for their towing fee.... ROUGH. They are not supposed to contact me about that stuff. That is for my insurance company to handle... It's okay, my broker said just to not reply to it and if she calls me to redirect her parents to him. I really thought this was all settled, so that stressed me out a little.

Random, but I am SO glad I have Erin to sit next to in oceanography. I have no idea what I would do if I was stranded in that classroom for practically 3 hours with no one to talk to or work with. She keeps me entertained :) And she shared some words of wisdom with me that someone had shared with her, and it is this: "There will always be enough time to do the good things that God wants you to do, but there is not enough time for everything." I loved that :)

I've been in Carrier for the past 3 hours by myself. I don't like being alone in here, but I didn't have much of a choice. I think I actually work better when other people are here with me. I got stuff done, but I definitely could have been more productive. Oh well. I am too excited about other things to be doing all of these assignments! Bahhh! (For you fretters, do not worry, I will make sure all of my work gets done.)

I'M COMING HOME IN 3 DAYS! EEEEEEEP :D Goodnight all!

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. YOU. TO. GET. HERE! Baaaah! I love you!

Post a Comment