Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Convicting.

"What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?"

Just something to think about. When I heard this, I thought about all of the things that I take for granted, that I never really thank God for, and would not be able to live without. Do I thank God daily for my ability to breathe, to walk without fear of stepping on a war explosive, to mention His name freely in public, to have clean water to drink, to have a roof over my head, to have an opportunity to receive an education, to have food available for me whenever I need it, to have adequate clothing? My answer to all of these is no; I do not thank Him daily for things such as this. 

The one thing I would have when I woke up would be all of you-- my amazing friends whom I count as some of my greatest blessings. Thank you all for keeping me grounded. Thank you for loving me and being there for me whenever I've needed you. I never take you for granted; I have never felt entitled to have you in my life, which is why I always remember to thank God for you. He is so good to me, to all of us. We have so much to sing praises for, and we should do so with thanksgiving and unending gratitude. 

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; 
   make known among the nations what he has done."
{1 Chronicles 16:8}

0 comments:

Post a Comment