Monday, April 16, 2012

Relay for Life 2012

Hello all!

Since my last post, I have participated in JMU's Relay for Life to combat cancer and commemorate those who have had, died from, and survived cancer. My sorority sisters and I took this event on as a team, and what a night it was! Not only did we walk numerous laps around Hillside field, but we also fundraised at our site by selling cookies, hand-knit headbands, 50/50 raffle tickets, and tinsel hair extensions (which was definitely our hottest commodity!).



By the end of the night (or 7am, rather), we had raised approximately $330 from on-site fundraising alone. And despite the cold temperatures and lack of sleep, it was definitely a fun experience! Needless to say, though, I was exhausted today. From the time I got back to my room (around 8am), this is literally all I've done: sleep ('til 12), lunch, sleep (2:15-4:30), write my pass-down, dinner (6), business meeting/worship night (7-9:15), facebook/homework, and shower. And now, my loves, I truly am tired. But you know, this weekend has been one filled with fun and amazing bonding time with my sisters. I don't think I would have changed a thing :)

I closing, I will leave you these verses (thank you, Brandi!):

"9 Two are better than one, 
   because they have a good return for their work: 
10 If one falls down, 
   his friend can help him up. 
But pity the man who falls 
   and has no one to help him up! 
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. 
   But how can one keep warm alone? 
12 Though one may be overpowered, 
   two can defend themselves. 
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

{Ecclesiastes 4:9-12}


" 5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
{Romans 15:5-6}

Goodnight loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment