Friday, April 13, 2012

I really need to become a bit more introverted.

As time goes on, I keep having encounters that remind me that some thoughts and emotions are better kept to myself. Although I've been more open about what goes on in my head, I keep noticing that these things can (and sometimes do) come back to nip me in the butt. People end up judging, belittling, or thinking less of me in one aspect or another for a prolonged period of time    even if that isn't their intention. Honestly, I hate it. I don't want others to look down on me for any reason. I am capable of being self-suffiecient, and I want others to know that. I have God on my side; I am well able to persevere through life's stresses and obstacles. With that in mind, I really should start sharing more with Him and be more mindful not to spout out rash situational thoughts and emotions that put me in this pickle. It's not that I won't share the crucial things with my loved ones in confidence, it's just the less severe tidbits that blow up and out of proportion. There's a balance, and I will surely find it.

Quick run-down:

  • Class.
  • Lunch/chiller in TDU.
    • Brittany and I had a jam sesh listening to the top hits of 2004 and 2005.
      • Gold Digger; 1, 2 Step; Lean Back; Slow Motion; Breakaway; Pimpin' All Over the World; Redneck Woman; Holiday; 1985; Take My Breathe Away; Lose Control... Good times, y'all!
      • A guy from APO started singing along with "Since You've Been Gone!" Haha. It was SO great :)
  • Work.
  • Gluten-free cookie baking with Brandi at the Fishbowl.
    • A hangout with those ladies ensued; twas fun indeed :)

OH! And I just found out that my good friend Zach has a blog! You should definitely give it a read and follow it if you so desire :) Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment